Prolite 3 Delamination

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
I noticed my Prolite 3 is starting to de-laminate near the nozzle. Can anyone else verify this is happening to them? I fear it will only be a few more trips before the nozzle delaminates to the point where it comprimises the inflatability of the pad. My Prolite 3 is less than 1 year old.

-percious

I plan to contact them. My issue is whether or not I should ask for another prolite 3 as a replacement. If others are having this problem, I may go for a different model. Hence the post...

-percious

percious said:
I plan to contact them. My issue is whether or not I should ask for another prolite 3 as a replacement. If others are having this problem, I may go for a different model. Hence the post...

OK. If you haven't abused it, you might be able to get another model and pay the difference. Can't hurt to ask. (I have certainly be able to do this at REI and EMS with unused or defective gear.)

FWIW, I have a prolite 4. No problems, but I have only used it once.
Also have a 20+yr old one with a lot more use on it. Perhaps a little slower to inflate than it used to be, but otherwise it is still fine.

Doug

I originally purchased the pad from Campmor. I have been very happy with the performance, just worried about it wearing out so quickly. I have 2 other thermarests that are much heavier, but have 3 years of service with absolutely no problems.

Campmor has been really good about returns, I had a problem with a jacket zipper getting stuck the first time out. They sent me a new one no questions asked, and refunded me the amount I paid to ship the item to them. So, if I am to return it, I will go through them.

What constitutes abuse? Sledding? Just kidding... I use my pad fairly gingerly, and it is stored under my bed with the valve open when not in use. I make sure not to slide it around when setting up on leantos for fear of slivers. None of my thermarests have punctured to date.

-percious

percious said:
I use my pad fairly gingerly, and it is stored under my bed with the valve open when not in use. I make sure not to slide it around when setting up on leantos for fear of slivers. None of my thermarests have punctured to date.

Sounds like you have treated it well enough. Perhaps a manufacturing defect. By all means, try Campmor. If they won't help, go to Cascade Designs.

Doug