pur water filetr

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
I have a pur water filter. do not know the model becouse there is no writing on the side. it has a "disk" type filter that says "ultra light" on it. I cant find it anywhere. If I cant find it I will have to but another one. does anyone know of what type i speak and where to buy one. if i have to buy a new one I saw a "microlite" filter that weighs only 7 oz. for $45. Anyone have any experience with this model?

The Pur water filter I have is now sold under the brand name Katadyn... so you could try looking at their filters to see if it fits. Your description of the filter doesn't sound the same as the one I have though.

Hope that helps,
-Ivy

filter

I have a PUR pioneer that takes a disk filter. It has been discontinued. You may find some replacements on the net but getting rare.

poison ivy said:
The Pur water filter I have is now sold under the brand name Katadyn... so you could try looking at their filters to see if it fits. Your description of the filter doesn't sound the same as the one I have though.

Hope that helps,
-Ivy

Ivy is correct! Katadyn bought out PUR a few years ago. I just bought a replacement filter for mine and it now says Katadyn on the filter cartridge. If you go into any outdoor store such as EMS they can point you in the right direction. When I went to buy a replacement for mine I took the filter with me and compared the two before buying.

Good Luck!

ADAM