recommended head lamp?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my Princeton Tech Aurora for its different levels of brightness. High is great for getting around, low for reading.

That said, the hinge issue is a big pain. It will loosen and then just fall forward until you tighten it back up. Repeatedly. And the switch really can be incredibly difficult to work. It's not something I would recommend.

MichaelJ said:
That said, the hinge issue is a big pain. It will loosen and then just fall forward until you tighten it back up. Repeatedly. And the switch really can be incredibly difficult to work. It's not something I would recommend.

A drop of loctite or equivalent might help.

Doug

My Black Diamond Gemini is the best. It has dual light sources - LED and Xenon that you can easily switch back and forth. The battery pack is in the back and the strap keeps it in place without having to worry about it - or even think about it. I've climbed in the dark a lot and I really like my headlamp. I bought it about two years ago so I just hope it's still on the market.