REI dividends are arriving...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
I just got an email of my dividend (and 20% off full price coupon) just now.

What to spend ~$150 on now....

Woohoo!

Jay

Last edited:
If you need any help spending it let me know! :D

On top of what Jay mentioned REI ran a slew of ads on Boston radio this morning - they also mention in the ad 20 % of any single regular priced item - no coupon needed.

Psssssst! For those of you who just can't wait to get the mailing :D

If you add enough items ($$$$$) to your REI shopping cart on rei.com and then sign-in and enter your member number, and then proceed 1/2 way throughout checkout, it will tell you your 2007 dividend right now

roadtripper: Actually I got the email today, not the actual snail mail mailing.

Sapblatt: OK, well do... :D Actually, I wish I could put my mortgage on my CC....

Jay

Jay H said:
roadtripper: Actually I got the email today, not the actual snail mail mailing.

Sapblatt: OK, well do... :D Actually, I wish I could put my mortgage on my CC....

Jay

My father used to pay for my sister's college tuition via credit card. Talk about racking up the miles....

Yes it is that time of the year. The much anticipated REI dividend notice has arrived! Hell with taxes, this is more important. Mine was $250 and before this day is out, most if not all will be gone.

I'm in the money.......

I'm looking at the MSR Reactor as my first choice.

But remember that you don't have to spend the dividend at REI. I think you may have to wait until July, but then you can just cash it in at any store. Of course, if you are happy to have the excuse to buy yet another pair of boots/tent/GPS/titanium spork or whatever, you can just pretend you never saw this post. I won't tell your wife.

Guinness - I'm looking at a new headlamp. The one I have is bright enough (and bright is important) but when my fingers aren't nimble I have trouble turning it on (and being able to use it is even more important). Anyone have any suggestions?

SherpaKroto said:
A new record for me: $618.97 :D . I know what some if it is going for, the rest is on a plane ticket in the fall. :rolleyes:

Wow...I thought $261 was really great.
You did good :)

eruggles - I agree with you. The manufacturers do not take into account the power button or the battery cover access screw when designing their products. I have always liked the rotating bezel to control the on/off of the lights. The bezel is large and easy to turn and most important, glove friendly. But now with the multiple power settings, the bezel became obsolete.

I like their instructions to access the battery compartment. "Use a small coin to turn the knurled access screw" Who the heck is going to use a small coin when the temps are down in frostbite range? From what I have seen out there now, we don't have much choice and the manufacturers don't have a clue.

I wish REI carried more brands of winter down sleeping bags...

I might get a new GPS, one without a clickstick. Anybody want to buy an older flaky etrex Vista?

jay

Jay,

You know I am a Feathered Friends / The North Face sleeping bag kind-of-guy, but I bought two Mountain Hardware bags and I have been quite impressed. Currently I use the +15° Phantom (800 fill) for most of the winter use, but they also have a 0° that has quite good specs (click here).

The DeLorme does not have a click-stick (click here) and appears very capable. I looked at it, but I don't have experience with it as I use a Garmin (when I turn it on).

I wanted to buy some mountaineering boots at R.E.I. with my dividend only to discover that they don't carry winter insulated boots at their stores!! ARGH! I'm not going to buy something online that I haven't tried on yet. It's such a tease.

I was looking at the Garmin 60CSx, IPX7 (FWIW :)), No clickstick, SirfIII... with the 20% coupon and the dividend, it would be about $160.

I saw some MH -20deg bags there but I think most of them are longs which even with gear in it, I certainly don't need a 6'6" bag as I'm 5'4". Plus, I'm a western mountaineering fan anyway, I've got an Antelope and an iriquois.

Jay

poison ivy said:
You can't use the coupon for a GPS... it's on the list of excluded products, I was sad to find out.

- Ivy

Well, shiver me timbers... Guess I'm not buying a GPS then. You can get Garmin's cheaper elsewhere anyway... yeah, should probably get a Discover card and simply get cash back but the REI card has a nicer picture :p :p

Jay

poison ivy said:
You can't use the coupon for a GPS... it's on the list of excluded products, I was sad to find out.
REI rarely gives discounts on GPSes. Usually only on models that they are trying to unload (ie the models that you don't want...).

EMS allows discounts on their GPSes.

Doug

Last edited:
DougPaul said:
REI rarely gives discounts on GPSes. Usually only on models that they are trying to unload (ie the models that you don't want...).

EMS allows their discounts on GPSes.

Doug

I wonder why that is?