Sapblatt's 48th - 10/8 - Mount Jackson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
LATE UPDATE - PLEASE SEE NEW POST HERE:

NEW THREAD

When I started lurking here about 15 months ago I had six 48s done and had been on a four year hiatus. The comraderie and friendships that I have made via VFTT have pushed me (and my love of hiking in the rain :p ) on to the completion of one goal - the NH 48.

I will be finishing my 48 on Mount Jackson on 10/8...one day shy of my goal of finishing before the big 4-0. :eek:

My planned route, weather permitting is to go up the Edmand's Path and over Ike and Pierce (which was numero uno many moons ago) and continue on to Jackson. A few suggested that we descend the Webster Cliff Trail which also sounds nice if the weather is good (and hopfully the foliage too!)

Info about times, carspots, afterwards, etc. will be here...

So, if you can make it please do - I would love to have a lot of company for this one! :)

Last edited:
Mike,
I'd love to be there with you to celebrate, but I've had plans to be in NY that weekend for months. Congratulations on your impending achievement of an admirable milestone!
-Katie

Mike, as we discussed, I am closing up my camp and probably can't make it. If by some miracle I get it done this weekend, I will e-mail you. Good luck in any regards! Best regards, Marty

Marty, if you can make it is it fine if I can get a ride up north? PM if you can please.

Last edited:
Mike- I'll be there.

In bad weather, I'll join you on your hike.

If its nice, I'm planning on something different- but will plan it around celebrating with you on Jackson at some point.

Eric

Great time and Mountain to finish!Keep us posted on the details.

Damn..I wish I lived closer. I have never been to a part of 48 party. Mike well done! So what is next?

Last edited:
I've got competing #48 invitations for that day, plus a personal responsibility. I'll try to wing something, even if it's just waving from the valley.
:)

Anyone wanna 'whack up from the Dry River Trail. We're gonna go a different way! :eek:

-Dr. Wu