Solo tents

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now for something completely different:

MSR Missing Link

Three pounds, without the requisite trekking poles, which you'll be carrying anyway. (Eventually you will carry them, even if you're not doing so now. Trust the voice of experience.)

Room for you, your gear, and a dog. (But personally I wouldn't want to be the second person sleeping against the back wall . . . )

Fabulous awning and entry. You can zip up the screen door, sit back, sip a cool beverage, and listen to the tarp tenters cursing the bugs. ;)

sardog1 said:
And now for something completely different:

MSR Missing Link

Three pounds, without the requisite trekking poles, which you'll be carrying anyway. (Eventually you will carry them, even if you're not doing so now. Trust the voice of experience.)

Room for you, your gear, and a dog. (But personally I wouldn't want to be the second person sleeping against the back wall . . . )

Fabulous awning and entry. You can zip up the screen door, sit back, sip a cool beverage, and listen to the tarp tenters cursing the bugs. ;)
I had one and returned it after the first use. Though it's lightweight, it takes up a huge chunk of ground for a two person tent. It was very difficult to set up on an 8 x 16 platform...which was made for two tents. The Missing Link took nearly the whole platform plus some off the back side.
The tent plus tie outs took up about a 10' x 15' area.

You can fit about 3 BA Seedhouse SL2's in the same area as a Missing Link.

Bad marketing

Jay H's For Sale ad for his fraying tent with the ripped guywire, thread-stripped pole and disintegrating tote sack with the missing carrying strap that has been to hell and back is the worst piece of marketing since: "Used three-legged, one-eyed dog, answers to the name 'Lucky'."

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
I had one and returned it after the first use. Though it's lightweight, it takes up a huge chunk of ground for a two person tent. It was very difficult to set up on an 8 x 16 platform...which was made for two tents. The Missing Link took nearly the whole platform plus some off the back side.
The tent plus tie outs took up about a 10' x 15' area.

You can fit about 3 BA Seedhouse SL2's in the same area as a Missing Link.

Yes, it takes a lot of room, footprint-wise. But if I'm on a platform, it's only because someone else has hogtied me to it. ;)