Super Bowl - need I say...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raymond said:
Chomp, why do you think the Celtics stole the title in 1986? They went 67-15, best record in the league; lost one game at home all season; and nearly went the entire regular season without losing twice to any one team (miracle shot by Dr. J. gave Philly a second win against the Celts).

Raymond -

Yup - I got called on this by a couple of people. I was thinking of the 81 team that was down 3-1 to Philly and ripped of 3 straight wins by a combined 5 points to make the finals. Sorry for the mix up - I'm going to blame it on the fact that I was still in mourning and "temporarily insane."

chomp said:
Raymond -

Yup - I got called on this by a couple of people. I was thinking of the 81 team that was down 3-1 to Philly and ripped of 3 straight wins by a combined 5 points to make the finals. Sorry for the mix up - I'm going to blame it on the fact that I was still in mourning and "temporarily insane."

Kinda like an Avatar of a flipped over Mountain Biker :D

Last edited:
moderators, don't read this

bubba said:
I know that this is safe territory as I remember VFTT Home pages with Patriot Logos in years past. Besides, I can tie into NE hiking...

I am all for the off-topic post every now and then. Hell, I remember years ago, when a very important person that runs this site gave me permission to post my various gig dates, but the posts on this site are managed much more than they used to be, so I don't post unrelated stuff anymore (not being critical at all about your wonderful management, managers). On the other hand, if you want to get on my gig mailing list, I will use this opportunity to welcome your e mail, if you would like to PM me. I just cleaned out my inbox, so bring it on.

I am sorry to say that I cannot tie this into hiking, but I can say that several folks from VFFT have come out and enjoyed themselves and their several, if not many beers while I made some pocket money entertaining the bar community (Stan, where have you been?). During many set breaks, I have talked to various people about hiking. I have thought about hiking while playing. I mean, sometimes I will be playing, drinking a beer and thinking about hiking all at the same time.

But really, my point is that if you hike enough, or if you at least make it a big part of your life, you will actually start to live it. It becomes part of everything, or at least almost part of everything. I might be at work, outside, carrying a sheet of plywood, and trying not to fall on the ice while saying to myself, "Man I wish I had my crampons."

VFTT'ers, let's post those posts that stretch the imagination. We should explore the outer limits of what hiking means to us and how it affects our lives. It is that kind of post that I find the most interesting.

So, what was I talking about?

Last edited:
miehoff said:
So, what was I talking about?

anybody that was born in 1910 is entitled to forget a few things in my book :eek:

I know Im in the minority here but I never watch fooftball. I find the whole sports thing a bit wierd. I mean people live for these teams ie.. buying all the shirts and hats and these athletes are paid mind boggling money on top of all these extras. I guess Im to liberal, it seems that so many have so little the whole sports thing seems selfish to me. BUT I am a gambler and placed a bet on the Giants, so in a way I guess Im a new Patiots fan, thanks guys for choking, I got 4 to 1 and might just but a hat to celebrate.

sierra said:
I know Im in the minority here but I never watch fooftball. I find the whole sports thing a bit wierd. I mean people live for these teams ie.. buying all the shirts and hats and these athletes are paid mind boggling money on top of all these extras. I guess Im to liberal, it seems that so many have so little the whole sports thing seems selfish to me. BUT I am a gambler and placed a bet on the Giants, so in a way I guess Im a new Patiots fan, thanks guys for choking, I got 4 to 1 and might just but a hat to celebrate.

I would hope that you wouldn't be so selfish and that you donate the money you won to some of those with so little.

miehoff said:
... Hell, I remember years ago, when a very important person that runs this site gave me permission to post my various gig dates, but the posts on this site are managed much more than they used to be, so I don't post unrelated stuff anymore (not being critical at all about your wonderful management, managers). On the other hand, if you want to get on my gig mailing list, I will use this opportunity to welcome your e mail, if you would like to PM me. I just cleaned out my inbox, so bring it on ... (Stan, where have you been?)

I for one think that a posting of miehoff's gigs, or any other VFTTer who performs at any facility that serves beer, would be a useful. From some of the reports of VFTT beer nights, I suggest joints where the band plays in a cage.

... what the hell were we talking about? ... oh yeah ... I was just beginning to forget.