Upper Valley Beer Night interest?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - this is great!

Hey - it is great to have an Upper Valley Beer Night :D I always wanted to attend one, but they are usually far away...

I can do next Wed at 7:30pm at the Inn and would be happy to do the pre-brew hike. Need more info on it though - please.

Jenn - If you grace us with your smile AND the cat is done with my earrings, would you please bring them? Thanks.

Hanna

I suggest we all meet at the Gile Mtn. trailhead at 7pm. This will get us up in ~20 minutes in time for a (hopefully) nice sunset. Then back to the Inn and served by 8:00.

Directions to the firetower are simple. From the I91 Norwich/Hanover exit, travel west through the middle of town past the Inn. About a half mile+ past there, take a swooping left onto Turnpike Road. Follow Turnpike all the way to the end. It will turn to dirt about halfway up. Once you approach the end, there will be a little house on the right and the trailhead (with signs) on the left. It's actually about 200 yards from the end of the road, but close enough.
here are some directions from the DOC site as well:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~doc/hiking/gilemountain/

Are we still on?

Hey Upper Valley folks,

Just checking to see if plans are still on for tonight. I should be able to make it for the 7pm Gile Mtn pre-beer hike, but there's a slight chance I'll be running too late to make it for that. If I'm not there at 7pm just hike without me and I'll meet you at the Inn around 8pm or so.

ah, the best laid plans of mice and hikers...

extra long doctor's appt. with annoying dietary changes (including no alcohol for 2 weeks)combined with friend crisis telephone call from South Carolina and suddenly it's 9pm. Crap. The day just wasn't long enough.

Hope you all found a way to entertain yourselves without me. I'm sure it was difficult though!!!! :D ;)

Great meeting folks last night.
We had a wonderful little trek up Gile and were rewarded with an INCREDIBLE sunset. Very pleasant after it had been threatening rain for a bit.
Chatted for a bit, had a few, then parted ways.

I now have two favorite lurkers. Good to meet you, Greg and Chip.
Jason, I may have a couple AMC certs for you to frame before they get destroyed. Go Sox!
Abster, Schön dich und die Hündchen zu treffen. Ich freu' mich auf das nächste Mal. Tschüßi!

and the folks who didn't make it, unfortunate!

Nice to meet you all! What a great little hike and yummy beer at the top :D

Sorry not all came...

Kyle, Ich auch! Es war sehr gut mein deutsche zu uebun. Danke!