Velcro Repairs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep a spool of dental floss and a sewing needle in my first aid/repair kit in the pack. Repair for a gear tear, first aid for a tissue tear( while companions hold down the kicking and screaming victim :eek:)

I keep a spool of dental floss and a sewing needle in my first aid/repair kit in the pack. Repair for a gear tear, first aid for a tissue tear( while companions hold down the kicking and screaming victim :eek:)

I think dentists should give us a needle when they give us the sample floss. :)rolleyes: Oh, wait, they often do, but I mean as we are leaving the office with the free floss, not just the one used for pain killer.)

I realize it's off-topic, but you started it. :rolleyes:

Taking your comment at face value, do you also have something in your bag of tricks to stop bleeding?

I always have that in the back of my mind. If I'm injured with a moderate to serious cut, (because of the blood thinner I take) it gets messy real fast and usually stays that way for a long time. :eek: I have a styptic pencil for small cuts and scrapes but my real concern is with the big ones.

I've been looking for someplace to buy QuickClot or it's equivalent. The Special Forces use it to keep someone from bleeding to death from a gunshot or shrapnel wound until they can get the operator to real medical help. Toss the powder into the wound is how I've been told it works.
Would love to order a first aid kit's worth of packets but haven't seen it sold yet in small amounts. Probably folks here will know but would ask that the thread be not further hijacked and another thread be started if folks want to talk about first aid options. I can then ove my reply and Big Earl's.