VFTT Monodnock trip - 10/9/04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the beta on pooches.

FYI, the pub I was thinking of in Jaffrey is called Harlow's. They've apparently expanded, so I'm sure they could fit a few of us hikers! Decent grub, and if I recall correctly, a decent beer selection. :cool:

Harlows is in downtown Peterbourgh, NH not in Jaffery. Nice little place about 5 miles north of Jaffery.

Columbas weekend will be very busy on the mountain. It might be wise to either carpool from distant locations or meet closer to the mountain and pile in a few cars. Places to stay are probally already booked for the weekend by leafpeepers.

As already mentioned stay of trails that start with "White"

Parker to Cliffwalk might be a good choice, heading up Cascade Link to upper parts of Pumpelly might be another. Combined for a loop anyone?

I have noticed in the past that the smaller lots also get filled early during this weekend.

Royce might be the least hiked trail on the mountain, Could usre the north trailhead to Gap Mt. but that is about a mile from the rt. 124 crossing.

I should be there.

Blue, Could you give us a little info on the fund raiser?

Thanks for the correction, Brian. I always get those two towns mixed up for some weird reason!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to join everyone :( . I leave for Vegas that day for a convention.....ugh! Oh well, I hope to salvage the trip by extending my stay a few days and heading out to Bryce Canyon for some hiking :) .

Hope the day is beautiful and everyone has a great time!

Status
Not open for further replies.