"Virus-laden poo"

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps a better solution for hikers on Denali is to each carry small rockets that one could load the doodie into and fire off into space and then directly into the sun. The doodie would ignite and provide additional heat, warmth, electricity and even excitement to the citizens of Earth.

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Perhaps a better solution for hikers on Denali is to each carry small rockets that one could load the doodie into and fire off into space and then directly into the sun. The doodie would ignite and provide additional heat, warmth, electricity and even excitement to the citizens of Earth.

-Dr. Wu

In 2008, vote Dr. Wu for president!!!

dr_wu002 said:
-Dr. Wu

Eventually our energy systems, batteries, and other resources will probably get efficient enough to enable us to power our cars, stoves, and houses using poo and other recycled materials.......

As for doodie providing excitement - NO THANK YOU! I've been shat on enough already! :D

EDIT: By the way, thanks for the article link, Barbarossa! certainly another compelling reason to LNT - YUCK!

Last edited:
funkyfreddy said:
Eventually our energy systems, batteries, and other resources will probably get efficient enough to enable us to power our cars, stoves, and houses using poo and other recycled materials.......
Dried animal dung is already used as fuel in a number of parts of the world.

It can also be used to produce methane which can be burned for fuel.

Doug

CMC's are a good thing!!

I just returned from 6 days in the Alaska Range and was issued a CMC by NPS. It is not unlike a bear cannister with a screw top and a small foam "doughnut" that fits around to top of the container to act as a toilet seat. It was much more comfortable than trying to squat over a plastic bag or digging out a hole to put the bag in. In fact when we built camp we dug out a foot rest hole beneath the CMC so the height was more like that of a real toilet seat. I guess the smell would probably be worse in warmer conditions, but overall I think it is a superior way to manage the waste problem!

I posted a link to pictures in the trip report section that includes a shot of the CMC (idle at the time -of course).