Waumbek / Starr King / Weeks - Saturday 1/22/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WildPeaks said:
Dr. Wu,

I'm up for Waumbek only, tomorrow. Is your group too large to add 1 more?

Tom

Hi Tom,
The group isn't too large. Besides, most likely it's going to break up into 2 -- those that want Weeks and those that don't want Weeks. Right now, if my calculations are correct, including you we have about 8 people. See you there!

Regards,

Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
We would have to meet at the Fish Hatchery at 7AM. Arm e-mailed and told me the car spot is closer to an hour drive (!!) each direction. If you're really interested, I'll PM you my cell phone number and we can work out the logistics.

-Dr. Wu

I'll be getting up at 3:00, heading North at 4:00, and I should be at the York Pond Trail trailhead on York Pond Road about 6:45-7:00. I'll be driving a black Subaru Impreza wagon.

Hopefully one or two of the others will be interested in the thru hike. :)

Because of the storm approaching, I'd actually rather not do the car spot. I still want to do the hike and I really want to hit South Weeks but I'd like to leave the traverse for another day. If you can find someone else to do the spot with you, that's fine, but I'd rather just plan for an in/out hike starting at the Starr King Trailhead.

-Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Because of the storm approaching, I'd actually rather not do the car spot. I still want to do the hike and I really want to hit South Weeks but I'd like to leave the traverse for another day. If you can find someone else to do the spot with you, that's fine, but I'd rather just plan for an in/out hike starting at the Starr King Trailhead.

-Wu

Ok, no car spot

huhm....I can sleep late then. :D

Just want to jump in here and mention that I'm still very much looking forward to the hike. Still am more interested in an out and back hike to Waumbek and possibly beyond. Might prove to be an interesting day with the cold in the mountains and the forecasted snowstorm for the drive home!

I plan to be there well before 8:00.

See you folks tomorrow,
Marshall

Hey NH_MTN_Hiker: Thanks for getting back to me! Glad you understood as well...

Everyone: Starr King/Waumbek/South Weeks hike is still on. 8AM at the trailhead -- supposedly the little road is plowed. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm taking off for Jefferson right now.
:D :D :D
-Dr. Wu