Where can I learn to telemark?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adk

The ADK Mt Club offers excellent intro to tele skiing workshops. If you have the time, opt for the two day. Day 1 is spent on the bc trails at Adirondack Loj. Day 2 on the beginners lift at Whiteface.

audrey said:
I had excellent lessons at Stowe, Sugarloaf, and Bolton. 2 really bad ones at Wildcat with NATO, as several others have mentioned. Private or a very small class is definitely good for starters.
If you don't want to get real leashes, shoelaces will do fine. This brings up memories of our first lesson, newbies to a downhill area, when Pat and I both fell getting off the lift the first three times.

Interesting...Wildcat is where I took my two...shall I say, nonproductive? NATO workshops.

Nato

Sorry to say that I agree with the comments on NATO. I took two workshops with them, one at Wildcat, and one at Black mtn. Both were not very productive. I found all the previous criticisms valid. I have been told that Abrams in Maine is a Tele Locus with good instruction.
I sent the link to Dickie Hall. He is a good guy who should know how people feel about his workshops.

Tom Wheeler

Last edited:
Mt Abrams in Maine (Locke Mills, just south of Bethel on Rt 26) is known as a Tele mountain. I don't get over there much as I can get a cheaper pass at Sunday River (special deal for teachers) but when I go there are pinheads all over. Haven't tried a lesson there yet...maybe this winter.
-veg