Wicked Fun Weekend - Lafayette, Kinsman & Yahtzee

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Bear said:
"or lack of"! Wanna go bag Owlie on a sunny day or stick to the wet spring memories?

Tough call....the company sure couldn't have been beat that day!! :)

Wu...sounds like you kids had a good time! :p Rainy day hikes are a whole special experience all thier own. (spoken by someone who's annual birthday hike nearly always coincides with a downpour!)

Sounds like a fun hike! We were taking our own shower on the Hancocks Sunday. Must have been much "worse" for you out in the open. Nice TR!

Yahtzee! Champion - wooo hooo!

Hey Dr. Wu - thanks for a fun weekend! A few pictures kinda sorta came out, but they don't really do justice to the fantastic fall colors we were able to enjoy between downpours.

OBP & FW

Awesome trip report!!! It looks like I missed out on a really fun weekend. I love Yahtzee and don't mind hiking in the rain!!! I don't think that leaving wet gear in my car for two weeks would have been the best idea though. Next time...as long as I'm not headed to Logan the next day...I won't wimp out.

Hopefully I'll see you guys Columbus Day weekend...my car is packed and ready to go - rain or shine.

Excellent way to turn around an otherwise ick weekend into a fun time in the mountains! And also a great reminder of what a difference a tarp can make at a campsite, especially if put up correctly (ie, not by me).

Your pics have amazing colors, wow. Is that really the trail where Wu is standing?

Speak not your heresy about cribbage.
:D

MichaelJ said:
Your pics have amazing colors, wow. Is that really the trail where Wu is standing?

Speak not your heresy about cribbage.
:D
The colors were incredible. Probably going to get even better next weekend... too bad I'm not able to hike. Inlaws visiting :mad: :)

I had wandered off trail a bit. I decided to do some bushwhacking through the water. It was actually quite warm still which surprised me a little.

-Dr. Wu

Thanks Michael J!

My camera was constantly steamed up... plus I lick the lens when they fog up which I doubt helps.

Pretty Kinsman Pond:
IMG_2631.jpg

Misty, Mossy Green woods plus fun hiking partner:
IMG_2634.jpg

Awesome!
IMG_2640.jpg

Colors!
IMG_2651.jpg

Looking down Lincoln's Throat:
IMG_2656.jpg

Ridge:
IMG_2666.jpg

Falls:
IMG_2689.jpg

Looking down falls:
IMG_2690.jpg

Looking at falls:
IMG_2695.jpg

More falls:
IMG_2696.jpg

-Dr. Wu

Last edited:
David Metsky said:
Picassa is fairly ornery when it comes to linking directly to the images.
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the embedded images? PM me if so... I can view them just fine whether or not I'm logged on to my Picasa acount.

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the embedded images? PM me if so... I can view them just fine whether or not I'm logged on to my Picasa acount.
Picasa appears to filter on the referer in the http request header.

If I block this field (my normal mode), I get all of the pics.

If I allow this field (which is probably what most do), I get only the "looking at falls" pic.

The above used separate copies of the browser, so caching is not an issue.

I don't even have a picasa account, so I'm definitely not logged in...

Nice pics--the colors really jump out under misty conditions.

Doug

Last edited: