Zealand Trail Conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
I plan on hiking up the Zealand Trail from Zealand Rd this Sat 5/28. Does anyone know if the trail conditions are good (no flooding of streams etc)? The last post I saw was 5/21 and all was ok but we all know that there has been just a wee bit of rain since..... :mad:

Thanks
Grouseking

Zealand conditions

I was there last Saturday. I would not expect much trouble, no snow...trail will be muddy but water crossings should be no issue. It is a wide clear path and there are bridges everywhere you would need one. The big question is where are you heading from there? There is a ton of snow not too far past the hut on the Twinway that keeps up until Guyot.

Zealand Conditions

Well thats good to know....about the snow. I had planned to go to Zeacliff and show my friends how pretty the view into the Pemi is (weather depending) and as long as there isnt too much snow. If that doesnt work, I had planned on just headin up the Ethan Pond Trail to THoreau Falls and maybe a side trip to Shoal and possibly bring another car to complete the loop over to Rt 302. It all depends on the weather, and how much snow is up there. Let me know, thanks I definitely appreciate it.

grouseking

snow begins at about .2 or .3 miles below the cliff. Barebootable with minimal caution should do you fine