Ashland (NH) Booze & Vittles Night - Common Man, 05/01/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a great time, too! Thanks again to Rocket21 for organizing. It was a pleasure to meet so many of you. We look forward to the next event!

Tim and Valerie

A fun time. Looking forward to the next gathering!

That was good guys...nice to share some time with people met on the internet..

Trish..we have to get my 4000k climbing nephew Ben and Alex together for a hike this august...they are peas in a pod..and not to dis Sage..I am sure she is on her way as well to a place in mountaineering lore...

Thanks Rocket for taking the initiative..time passes by quickly when in a group of folks with similar interests..lots of good stories..looking forward to run ins on the trail with all of you and perhaps a pint of ale is in our future some time soon...

Silverfox, we'd love to meet Ben. Pm me when you know he's coming, and let's arrange something.

As for Sage, she's now happily handling 2-3 mile hikes, so who knows. I kind of hope, and at the same time don't want to push. We'll just see what happens.

A photographic documentation of Ashland Booze & Vittles Night #1:

Early in the night, Silverfox and J&J were deep in discussion about whether "Three's Company", "Step By Step," or "She's The Sheriff" were the best television shows ever:
abnvn03.jpg

Meanwhile, Trish and the ADKnBVI's were debating whether or not Sam Donaldson's hair is counted as a separate person in the US Census:
abnvn02.jpg

Of course, we were all waiting for una_dogger and MichaelJ to arrive. When I informed the others that una_dogger didn't think we were cool enough to hang out with, they were devastated:
abnvn06.jpg

The Barkingcats and Silverfox later had a debate about whether or not Bob Dole should have a Bob Dole Mountain named after Bob Dole:
abnvn01.jpg

While this was happening, I glanced over and thought I saw MadRiver talking with an invisible friend:
abnvn04.jpg

But alas, I couldn't see Trish & Alex & Sage hiding just out of view.

The night ended with TheFeatheredHat singing an emotional version of Sting's "Roxanne"
abnvn05.jpg

Last edited:
How about moving the next one to Common Man Lincoln. I was about ready to head down to Lincoln and realized the event was in Ashland:eek:

How about moving the next one to Common Man Lincoln. I was about ready to head down to Lincoln and realized the event was in Ashland:eek:

We were forced to sign a non-compete clause with Dr. D, since there was a big get together at Woodstock Station the next day.

You don't have to...sell your body to the night..Roxanne!
Ahem..looks like I missed a great time!
Thanks for sharing those pics..good to see some familiar faces (been to long!) and see some new ones to commit to memory for trail passing...

:D

We were forced to sign a non-compete clause with Dr. D, since there was a big get together at Woodstock Station the next day.

Indeed! Thanks for attending the Woodstock Station event the next day, Rocket21; I will post something on the other thread about that gathering. A few others also attended both events, but sorry that I could not get to Ashland on Friday evening. Next time for sure.