Beers in Boston?!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFTT brewfest gathering in Boston

• Let's meet on Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather meet Tuesday

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • How about "hump day" (Wednesday)?

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm game for Thursday

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • TGIF

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Let's get together every day of the week!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I'll wait for another location...

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

alpinista

Reaction score
There seems to be a ton of interest in a mini-VFTT gathering in Boston. Anyone up for meeting at the Boston Beer Works near North Station on Thursday, Sept. 1, after work? Might be a nice way to kick off a new month!

Beer - the other hobby!

Lisa -
You are killing me! Tonight I could not get to Salem, 8 miles from my house and I walk by BBW every nite on my way to North Station.
Sadly, :rolleyes: I will be in BSP on 9/1.
Next time?!

Dang, between Sapblatt and Poison Ivy, you're letting hiking -- of all things! ;) -- get in the way of socializing and beer drinking! The noive! :eek: ;)

It's a 200+ mile round trip for me, so I don't think I'll make it.

Besides, I was at the Redbones beer night in Somerville a couple years ago, so I've travelled for the cause. How about coming to Portland for a change? :D

Excellent--I'm minutes from Boston on the T, and I'd like to finally meet some of you local folks :)

beer/hiking has worked well for AMC

Here's a thought, if I can share from another largely web-based hiking group, that can maybe serve as a template.

I can tell you that being an active member of the AMC New Hampshire's Young Members' group, that regular weeknight socials are a good thing to have.

We have four sites statewide, each one has a social once a month, most people have one or two of them that they attend at least semi-regularly. There is generally a designated host who brings a guidebook or sign, so 'newbies' can spot the group. Anywhere from 4-20 people have been known to attend.

Our club has a trip listing feature, kinda like VFTT, and the socials help, its much less intimidating to respond to trips from those you've met already. Sometimes actual trips get planned, more often the seeds of trips down the line get planted. If nothing else you can get an idea of others' experiences, what trails are easy/difficult, etc.

So I would definately reccomend setting up something like that to anyone who wants to take the initiative. I have also heard that MOAC has a similiar setup with regular social events. Maybe they can offer some advice as well. Good luck.

cantdog said:
Maybe I can use the Force and get Lisa to change it to from Boston Beerworks to Martha's Exchange. ;) ;)

Maybe the next one, how's that??? Besides, I don't live near Nashua ... so you're on your own for organizing that one! :D

dr_wu002 said:
I can make any of the days but I'll be naked.

Hmmm, dress code optional??? :eek:

Mad Townie said:
Besides, I was at the Redbones beer night in Somerville a couple years ago, so I've travelled for the cause. How about coming to Portland for a change?

If you show me how to get to the Mt. Abraham Fire Warden's Trailhead, I'll buy you a brew in Portland. Fair exchange? BTW, is Redbones a gas? I think I saw Sleepy LeBeef there years ago (great blues guitar for uninitiated)

For any of you folks who can't make this one, I hope there will be many others!

Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the website, but the reason I came was to talk to interesting new people and get tips and advice on hiking ect. I only know a few people who actually enjoy hiking and most of my friends/co-workers either think I'm crazy or can't understand why I enjoy it. I have never joined any groups like AMC or anything, maybe someday, I hear they have their perks also. Anyways... I would love to go, but unfortunately I am starting a three day overnight that day. Definitely next time though.

Quincy Jessbee? Not too far from me. How many others are there from the south-shore area?

After years of waiting I finally get the chance to go to a Patriots game. Unfortunately, it's next Thursday's pre-season game. Well, not unfortunate for me. :D I just won't be able to join you for a beer or two.

Otherwise I'd be there. I pass the Beer Works twice a day, everyday on my way to and from work and north station.

alpinista said:
Hmmm, dress code optional??? :eek:
I'll be there on Thursday, with my padlock.

I've been pestering Eric (Barbarossa) to go. Apparently he can't :mad: He even says the 'knee surgery' excuse isn't working at home anymore. Guess I have to go alone. :confused:

What will I do if the key gets broken off in the lock...

-Dr. Wu