Black Diamond crampons

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougPaul said:
True, but EMS doesn't do store-to-store shipping. You have to mail-order it from the store that has it.

Doug

Exactly, just found this out, and the store here in Augusta just doesn't carry crampons really at all.

UPDATE: My sister, a friend, and I hike Webster Cliff on Saturday, partly to check out her crampons and also to do some trail work. Her Black Diamonds worked flawlessly. She did, however, have an interesting learning experience with respect to her leatherman. Thinking that she could close the straight blade by slapping it cross her thigh as you would a Swiss Army Knife, she leaned rather quickly that a locking blade doesn’t close that way after she sunk the blade about an inch into her thigh. We quickly bandaged the gapping wound and she continued on the hike.

I am another satisfied BD Contact owner. Swapping stories with the guys at REI, they work well on glacier travel and fairly steep ice (not vertical ice climbing, per se, but steep snowfields).
I know they were on REI's website recently, if not EMS's.