Canon P&S operating temperature?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canon SX110 IS and Canon A2000 IS
The SX100 looks like it would take a CVR3 so I suspect the SX110 may as well. I haven't seen upclose shots of the A2000 yet but it's a follow on to the A590 which wouldn't take the CVR3.

Thanks again

The battery discussion was great. I ordered a Canon A1000 IS - 10 MP, 4X optical zoom, and a viewfinder. I decided against the A2000 which has 6X zoom, but no viewfinder. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks!

By the way, if you're in the Boston area, CVS has a 4 pack of Energizer AA lithiums on sale for $5.99, and an additional $1 off with a coupon in the Globe.

Now bring on the snow!

Follow up on Canons and the cold

Since purchasing my Canon A1000IS, I had been out several times in moderately cold temperatures, but this past Thursday in Stowe, VT I put the camera to the test.

It was 3 degrees with strong winds and we were out for a couple of hours. I kept the camera around my neck, between my shell and fleece. It performed beautifully! I could take 3 or 4 pictures at a time before putting it back inside my jacket- it wasn't bothered by the cold, the blowing snow, or condensation. I was using 2 AA lithiums that had been in the camera for awhile, so not even new batteries.

Let's hear it for the Canon! And thanks again to everyone who commented on their experiences with cold temps.

brief

For one day trip:
Ziploc bag for camera with battery inside and put it in a pocket close to body warmth. When pictures are to be taken I just keep the camera on the outside in a top access pouch off my sternum straps. If the battery gets drained I have a separate ziploc bag for a spare battery in a pocket close to body warmth. 2 batteries should be enough for a one day trip.

For multi day trip:

Keep battery out of the camera at all times until you absolutely need to take a picture. Separate ziploc bags for everything. Camera without a battery is fine in a cold sternum pouch but batteries should always be in a pocket close to body warmth.