Catskill's 3500 Kingston Dinner

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
I know a bunch of you are going to be going to the dinner in Kingston. If you are not committed to another table, I thought it would be fun to get a VFTT table together as mentioned (or threatened) in some of the catskill threads in the trip reports. I believe me, Ralph & Maddy, are going and I just got my first issue of the Canister yesterday after I got home. On the back page is the sign up sheet for the dinner. Anybody else who is going and does not have prior arrangements, is welcome to join. I can get a head count, apparently a table is 10 peakbagg... I mean hikers. :)

I have questions too, a couple of my friends may or may not finish their 3500 and they're not actually 3500 members, is the dinner open to members and/or 3500 aspirants? With the peaks they have left to do, they should be able to finish it by April 9th but not knowing their schedule, no guarantees?

I also see that Maddy Hand and I are in the Canister as new finishers... Congrats Maddy, too bad we didn't run into each other on Balsam Lake yesterday. What a fabulous day, we had an awesome view of Graham going up Balsam Lake and I'm sure you and Ralph had an awesome view of the tower from the summit.

Jay #1546 (10 more winter peaks to do)

Count me in for the VFTT table, if there is one. I've decided I'll probably put off finishing on West Kill until spring, and instead focus on revisiting peaks as "winters" for now. I'm wondering if I'll be considered a new member if I finish very close to the date of the dinner. If my tally sheet is still being "processed", will I be able to go to the dinner? What if I actually finish the day of the dinner? It occurred to me that this might be a fun way to celebrate. This goes along w/ Jay's query about his friends.

Matt

Hi Jay, I would also like to sit at the VFTT table. I'll be in touch with you about this weekend. Thanks, Fred

Jay I will be there and I would love to sit with you guys.
also maybe if some are available for a hike we can schedule a hike or two on that weekend if people will be up there anyway.
As Dawn said we should get a count with names to reserve as best we can a table.
If you want toPM or email me and I can send out to all who respond an updated list of participants.

Dawn will be you be at a dais or would you like to sit with us?
Never been there so I don't know the formalities.
Al

Matt, I can help you to make sure you get your certificate that day if you finish. That would be great! I would love to hike West Kill that day.

Actually, anyone who signs up and wants to sit with VFTT folks, don't worry about names, just put VFTT on the form. Since I'll be helping with it, I'll know.

Hey Tmax, sure, the more the merrier (at least til 10.) If you don't get the Canister, is the application form available somehow by email?

So far, from what I gather..

Jay H
Matt
Fred
Al
TMax
Tom
David
Ralph
Maddy
Josef(?)

could be forming a table. I am certainly open for the hike too afterwards.

[edit - Added Tom and David to the mix... Dawn, do you have prior obligations? I'm now just waiting for a response from Josef who isn't that active on VFTT..

Jay

Last edited:
hikethe115 said:
A hike afterwards? You realize this is dinner and it will be late night afterwards??

TMax....congratulations!!!!

There is a 3500 club hike *BEFORE* the dinner.

And count me in for the table(s), if it's still doable. I will of course mail in my reservation.

I'd like to go!..7 down and 32 to go...hopefully i'll have somewhere in the 20's left before that..Al how about a carpool?

OK, I added Tom and David to the mix...

I've just emailed Josef (who lives in Olive who I've met through Fred) to see if he is interested..

I am open for a hike after too.... Gotta burn off that Prime Rib... I'll bring my headlamp.. There is a new moon the night of the 7th..

Jay

Coldfeet I was probably going up in the morning to get a hike in before dinner and maybe stay overnight for a hike. All this is still tentative.
Hopefully our schedules mesh and a carpool would be great.
If Matt has westkill left for that day I would love to join him in finishing....
just one option of many
I will post a thread but I may be going up to do the east DP to 214 if any are intereseted.
Al

Count Maddy and myself in . She will be receiving a certificate for winter #603.I would like to go for a hike the day of the dinner,and the day after if anyone is interested.A short hike on Sat.,and a longer one on Sun.

Last edited:
Josef in Olive

I live in Olive and don't know Josef, as far as I know. Please throw his e-mail my way.

Ted.

Jay - thx- got ok from Boss #1 (wife)

Al - I'll hike sat, like to go with Matt, maybe i can take off sun and go on your trip.

how about the weather today hit 60F on the LIE

Finishing on West Kill the day of the dinner is becoming more appealing. So far it looks like Dawn, Al and Coldfeet might all be up for this. And possibly Hermit, although he wrote that he'd be up for a short trip on Satruday, and I don't know if this would qualify as short. I've been thinking it would be fun to do a thru-hike from west to east, which would put Diamond Notch towards the end of the hike as a treat. Anyway we've got a long time to decide. If I just can't stand the wait and finish before then, there's plenty of other options. Maybe something a little closer and easier like Ashokan High Point, Tremper or Overlook.

Matt

OK, For those of you who do NOT get the canister and sending in your own form, please tell me what your choice of entree is and I'll put your name down on my form. You will also owe me $30 because I'm going to simply send one check in to cover those that do not get the canister.

Hillside Manor
Rt 32 (240 Boulevard)
Kingston, NY

Time:

4pm-5:30 Appetizers and cash bar

5:45 dinner

Your choice of entree:

Prime Rib
Chicken Francais
Mixed Veg. Lasagne

So, if you do NOT get the Canister, send me email or PM me your choice of entree and I will WILCO you back to confirm that I have your order. Those that do get the canister, you can fill it out yourself and mail that in but I will still put your name on my sheet as per the directions, I will simply make a note of it on my sheet that your check (and choice of entree) will be mailed separately.

Jay