How Big of a VFTT Slut Are You?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw David Metsky on Hancock once........

but he didn't recognize me, so I guess it doesn't count.

Now you all know why I just put a number. Everytime I look at someone's list, I think "damn, I forgot that one".

I am proud to say that I have hiked, climbed, been roped to, partied, got lost (for a bit), and spent time out of mind with the one and only HarryK, our prodigal, but NEVER forgotten Gold Member :cool: Until our next time, my friend!

jessbee said:
Like, totally. I was left out too. Artex and sapblatt, am I that forgettable? :eek: :eek:
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't hiked with anybody on VFTT... not even myself. Some people included me on their lists when they shouldn't have.

-Dr. Wu

I think I need to meet everyone at a gathering or hiking, whatever it may be!

Here it goes-

marty
Ray
Sherpa John
Panama Jack
Becket1903
Sols

I hope this is acceptable, friend of a friend:

sapblatt
roadtripper
Tom&Atticus
SherpaKroto
Bunchberry

Neil & Dominic
hillman1
rhihn
Alistair
Rik & Charlene
Maineguy
HarryK
Sir Edmund (just yesterday)
Sherpa John
Sherpette
Apparently my wife and pooch bumped into Tom & Atticus New Years Eve!
forestnome (newly revealed friend)
dRitter
LawnSale
Charly

Seems like most of the VFTT'ers I've hiked with has been during winter. I guess it's that time again to meet some new friends!

-Shayne

Last edited:
OK, I'll take a stab at it ...

Probably the first VFTTer I met was Dave Metsky, before I even knew what VFTT was. It was on a hike to Mt. Hale on Oct. 14, 2000 (was it as good for you as it was for me, Dave, that I've committed the date to memory??? ;) ) I was hiking up to Hale, and he was on his way down with a group of folks and I ribbed him after overhearing him discussing something like 401(k)s with one of his hiking companions....

As for the others, I'll combine hiking and/or drinking...

SherpaK
Mongoose
Cantdog
AMSTony
SteveHiker
Poison Ivy
MichaelJ
Bob&Geri
Hikerbob/Kaboose (aka Karen)
Arm
go
SilentCal
Sappblatt
HarryK
TomRankin
Spongebob
Hikethe115 (Dawn,? Met at a pub in downtown Portsmouth post-4K awards ceremony)
MtnMagic
LuvToHike (or is it Love2Hike???, met her on just below Spaulding/Sugarloaf)
GlennS
JessBee
EricSavage
Sherpa John
Frodo
JohnS
HikerFast
Giggy
Roadtripper
TroutBumNH
Spencer
Audrey & Pat
Max
Donna
Drewski
McRat
MtnMa and MtnPa
skimom
Darren
JayTrek
Gris
LarryD
Stan
LenDawg
Amicus

I'm probably totally missing a few names, but that's all my little brain can come up with at this hour. Some folks probably don't even know they've met me and vice versa, but those are the names I could recall!

Last edited:
There were some hikes that I just didn't get their names (talk about not getting flowers!!!). Alrighty, I'll try:

LittleSister
MEB
He Who Shall Not Be Named
Sherpette
Chinooktrail
Drewski
BP Schroeder
Adamiata
Bill Chretien
Sherpette's Dad
Mr. Lacroix
Mary Kissel
Mike Robinson
JimL (don't remember it... but I guess on Moosilauke)
George Fitch
LenDawg's Mom
Donna Kaplan
McRat
Nartreb
Pat and Rick
Weathergodess
BobandGeri
Artex
My Moosehat
Tomahawk
Tony
Sknydppr
Hockeycrew
Jessbee
HikerBob
Hikerfast
Stevehiker
MichaelJ
Coldmountain
Madtownie
SilentCal
Mountainmagic
Alpinista
Kaboose
Erin
Bunchberry
Gaigirl
YAM
YAM's friend
Poison Ivy
Cath (sort of)

It's kinda like Romper Room, and looking in that mirror!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Last edited:
When I saw

this thread, my first thoughts were: they hike every week, they only drive two hours to get to the mtns., etc., etc. I hike once a month if I'm lucky, live 4 hrs. minimum from the mtns., etc. Then I started counting. I stopped at 40 and wasn't finished. And this only includes ones I've hiked with or met on trail, not at pot lucks, Gatherings, BBQ's or bar encounters. So I guess I've "hiked around" some, too.

teejay

One, Kaibar.

Maybe that's why I don't have a zillion green squares :D

sapblatt said:
I came up with 49 people from hikes or trailheads and another 20 from bar rooms! It is a great sign that I know three times as many people from hiking as I do from drinking!
Um are you sure?

Crap, curse of the noob, zero hiked with, zero drunk with. And I hike and drink a lot. I need to be sluttier.

Met MJ on Owl's Cliff last spring.

Met Spaddock and his wife, Beth, and their nice dog on Mt. Tom on new Years Eve. Sorry, Spaddock, for not revealing my identity. Being from NY, didn't know how mad you might be at me for my stupid comment (which I still deeply regret :( )

Check out our sort-of-matching avatars! Good luck on your 115!

Happy Trails!

I've met 29 so far at various places. Not all of them I have hiked with.

1ADAM12
Artex
Skiracer
Yam
MEB
Little Sister
Bird
Head
Pennsy
EarthNSky
Bob&Geri
Uphillklimber
Gremlin
Percious
Mtn.Goat
Neil
mavs00
Everest NBD
rhihn
Rik
Peakbagr
Bushwhacker
stooped
Wildernessphoto
Fritz1
Silverback
hillman1
LtHiker
Pepsi

Last edited:
forestnome said:
Met Spaddock and his wife, Beth, and their nice dog on Mt. Tom on new Years Eve. Sorry, Spaddock, for not revealing my identity.

Somehow I had a feeling that a guy that was going to bushwhack all the way back down had to be a frequent poster from VFTT.

My wife's name is Kathie, but I'm not from New York, from Ottawa, Canada. Just hike in NY a lot. Actually I don't even remember the comment so i wouldn't sweat it.

I'm looking forward to more trips east of NY so I can hopefully meet more VFTT'ers along the way.

Good times,
Shayne

So far, I've only hiked with two (marty & bunchberry) and drank with about 30 or more. Something is definitely wrong there... :rolleyes:

I hope to meet up with at least a few dozen VFTT-ers by the end of '06!

I never hiked with VFTTr's (except friend Meo) and I met very few on trails. I had beer with much more people though. I think that's because I'm a better social drinker than a social hiker.

Sometimes I wish I had use the "Gator Eggs" way to recognize VFTTr's. Once (October 1st 05), I was solo and I passed by 4 (or 5) men, all geared up, heavy packs, wearing bandanas. It was around 4 PM on the Phelps Trail near JBL. I was going back to the Garden, they were going opposite direction. I was too intimated to say more than a little "Hi", because they all kind of look like Rambo :eek:

timmus said:
Sometimes I wish I had use the "Gator Eggs" way to recognize VFTTr's. Once (October 1st 05), I was solo and I passed by 4 (or 5) men, all geared up, heavy packs, wearing bandanas. It was around 4 PM on the Phelps Trail near JBL. I was going back to the Garden, they were going opposite direction. I was too intimated to say more than a little "Hi", because they all kind of look like Rambo :eek:

:eek: I'm pretty sure shouting out "GATOR EGGS" would have sufficiently scared the stuffing out of them. :)
Besides, guys that are dressed like rambo are trying to compensate for something. :cool:

Here's my list (and I know that I must have forgotten at least a few):

Frodo (the first VFTT'er I met)
Audrey & Pat (the second and third VFTT'ers I met)
Sapblatt
Michael J
The Sikes
Jean
Hikethe115
Spongebob
Stinkyfeet (only for about 2 miles)
Carole
Dave Metsky
Seeker
BoB
Sir Edmund
Blue
ChrisB
Seema
Darren
Carmel
Max
Teejay
SherpaK
Pedxing
George Fitch
Cave Dog
Ridgerummer
Prino
Bigmoose
Mohammed Ellozy
Poison Ivy
arm
askus3
bubba
Mr. X
John S
bobandgeri
bogorchis
bpschroeder
Chomp
Mtnpa
Michelle
Post'rboy
MEB
Dr. Wu
Nancy
G O
Pete Hickey
LindaLu
Donna
Farmer Bob
Spencer
hikerfast
imarchant
Madriver
MtnMagic
Papa Bear
Peak_bgr
Regular Brian
shizzmac
Stan
Turnbill
Ajtiv & kids
Cantdog
and former members:
Hiker Bob
Tramper Al
HarryK

WOW - this is a longer list than I had originally thought.

There are more VFTT'ers that I have met at gatherings but have not yet hiked with.

Sorry if I forgot anyone - my poor feeble mind isn't what it used to be.

Since we're not the regular peakbagging type,we don't have a huge list,but here's the ones we met(as far as I can remember)and some were met over a beer-which explains why I might have missed a couple! :eek:
SherpaKroto
Sherpa John
Sherpette?
Hiker Bob
Poison Ivy
Alpinista
Mtn Ma
Mtn Pa
Hikerfast
MichaelJ
Bunchberry
Giggy
Cantdog
AMSTony
Bob&Geri
SAR-EMT40
Bob Kittredge
Panama Jack
Stevehiker
Bunchberry

Were gonna have to do more peakbagging to improve our "VFTT life",cause I can't keep meeting you guys just drinking! :D

I'm NOT a VFTT slut!!! I am a junkie however... :D I would like to work on getting around more but so far, in no order, here's my list of VFTTers, I've known! ;)

(By known, I mean hiked with)

Gator
jmegillon149
Eric Savage
Arghman
docross
sapablatt
MEB (+Paul)
Little Sister
Annual Hiker
Yam
Tuco
Rols
RR6288
whtmthiker
Tom Rankin (+Laurie)
Barbarossa
jessbee
BIGEarl
onestep
Bob&Geri
Adamiata
Sleeping Bear
Hiker Bob
drewski
J&J
Tom & Atticus
Lawn Sale
Darwin

I've also met for drinks, after Fot48, at Gathering 8.0, or elsewhere...

Pete Hickey
Neil
sli74
MichaelJ
Bunchberry
Mad Townie
coldfeet
Hikerfast
AMSTony
cantdog
HikerSteve
Mark Goodearl
Pat
Audrey
Periwinkle
Chomp
Giggy
g o
Sherpa Kroto
Bubba
ajtiv
teejay
mtnmama
mtnpa
Arm
skimom
hockeycrew
The Sikes
Hampshire
Mark
Silent Cal
Bill Bowden
rosinante
74red
and NHL Hall of Famer Gordie Howe!!!!! (not relevant, just wanted to share! :D)

Hmmmm... maybe I'm sluttier than I thought. I'll button a couple buttons. ;)