How Big of a VFTT Slut Are You?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a BIG FAT 0 in terms of hiking with anyone. Pete I don't think that trip up the Sewards in 1995 really counts either, does it?

I guess I remain a VFTT hiking Ghost....

Otherwise, I have met a number of folks at Gathering 7.5, (there was that awesome morning where we negotiated and commandeered all the leftover breakfast food at the AMC center for a measly $3 bucks each.)
I later met others in Somerville at the Banff FF (thanks Dave Metsky!!!) as well as that cool little dive bar where I sat next to Pedxing and Hamtero, Seema, Reg'lar Brian and Frodo as well as many others for dinner.

I also met Snowshoe on an ADK trip a few years ago where he gave us a car shuttle, on the AT in NJ - Which I really really appreciate.

Last edited:
Wow, Rick has me beat. Ive only got 5 to my credit:

Pucknuts
SilentCal
MtnMagic
Sherpa John
Sherpette

Who knows if Ive passed any others in my travels. You see so many people on the trails, and shouting "GATOR EGGS" doesnt seem like a great way to start a conversation :D .
Brian

My list is pretty small, like around 20 people or so. I won't name em' cuz I'd leave a few out, and later feel stupid. One thing I can say with certainty, I've truly enjoyed EVERYONE that I have hiked with from this site and would, without hesitation, hike with them again. In fact, most I have hiked with are repeaters (meaning we've done more hikes together). Bushwhacker, Peak_bgr and Peakbagr top my list of do-overs (outside Everest, my son and ADKatie, my wife).

I have an alternate list though. Those, I've not hiked with, but would really like to after getting to know them here (so to speak). There are tons on that list (too many to list really) but Post'r boy, NYBrad, Randomscooter and Dr. Wu top that list at the moment.

Really, I'll hike with anyone though........ and don't worry, I'm told I'm not AS annoying in person as I come across on here. :D

I'm no virgin but anyone who replied I did hike with before didn't name names.

I figure about 10 here & 10 old timers from the AMC boards + 1 from Alpinezone.

With Chomp at the other end of the speed zone, sometimes I'm not sure I'm hiking with him when we are hiking together :D (only kidding about the hiking together bit, not the speed)

Thought I'd list the people I've hiked with:

1) Ward

I was also at Spences Bar B Q, and went up Marshall to meet the gang that shared Pat and Audry's 46th. But I'm not sure that it counts! The main problem to date is that we had been specific to finish our 46 last fall. Now that it's complete, we can do whatever we want. Hopefully, that will include a number of others from the site. In comparing "slut status" I have been known as the "camp slut" for about 29 years secondary to being the cook, coffee maker and sweeper/shoveler, wood bringer inner etc (and I consider it an honor).

I would be remiss if I didn't include 2) Teejay and 3) Bubba who I tagged along with on Couchie this past summer. After all, who want's to do Couchie solo?

slamdog said:
...... Marshall to meet the gang that shared Pat and Audry's 46th. ......
Did the cyclist ever thank you guys for the ride back that day. If not, he does now.
.... After all, who want's to do Couchie solo?
Uhhhh... I've got three solo climbs of Couchie. What are you implying?

-Pete-who-feels-inferior-due-to-his-small-list

Pete_Hickey said:
-Pete-who-feels-inferior-due-to-his-small-list

Hey, my list is small too.

1) afka_bob

BTW, couldn't this thread have been given a more work-safe name?

dave.m said:
Hey, my list is small too.
Check out your spam. You know.. the ones that promise to increase your list size with no messy creams, no hidden weights or springs...
1) afka_bob
Who is that?

BTW, DaveM is on my list of gotta-hike-with-that-guy-one-of-these-days...Probably number one there.

Last edited:
Pete_Hickey said:
BTW, DaveM is on my list of gotta-hike-with-that-guy-one-of-these-days...Probably number one there.

Ditto Pete!

What's interesting is that we've been "talking" about this stuff for, what?, over 10 years now.

Here goes nuthin!:
Bird
Artex
Yam
SherpaJohn
Sherpette
MEB
Little Sister
lumberzac
Pigpen
bpshroeder
Camper58
...ummm
my memory is starting to fade....
...ummm
Well,if I missed anyone, Im sorry.
As for peeps I'd like to hike with: Pretty much anyone.... :cool:

SherpaKroto said:
Me. And it was grand!

I did it solo too!

The little flag on the summit tree was very moving! Never Forget!

Just remember the mantra of Couchie:

Stay to the right! :D

Head! If you guys bring the camera, I'll help you make a skit! :D

Head said:
Yer on! Cats? ADKs? Let us know...

Any desire to go to the ADKs this Winter, or wait until spring ? Maybe we could do a 'mud season' hike, where some poor slob vanishes into a mud puddle in the trail.

BSM Index = 6! :eek: (Think category 6 Hurricane!)

Uh, oh! Wait, I'm thinking who the 'poor slob' might be in this movie! :eek: