It's almost time for Gathering 8.5!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correction to myself; Indian Stream is up to the northeast of the Forks, east of Lake Parlin, west of Greenville. By road, it depends where you want to go how far it will be. Either Rte 16 over to 201A and up 201 towards Jackman, 70-odd miles of driving, or if you need to end up on the Greenville side even more.

Last edited:
Go Pats!

Well, I was really hoping to make it up for this event, but I am not going to be able to make it to Maine this weekend. Unfortunately, I'll be out in Denver for the weekend watching the Pats kick some serious butt. So have a great time, everyone.. I hope that you all have great weather and I'll be looking forward to the photos. Go Pats!!!

chomp

Sherpa,

On second thought, perhaps I should opt out of your ski into CVR that your group shouldn't be saddled with my meager, nay, non-existent cross-county skills which might prove to be an undue burden on an otherwise satisfying and enjoyable endeavor.

I'll walk up Sugarloaf with coldfeet, instead.

teejay

hiker amiga,
indian stream crosses under our driveway.

michaelj - indian pond is where the rafting company i work for in the summer has it's base camp in the forks.
go

Ah, yes, how is the friendly beaver that lives in that stream?

Well, if you want Indian Stream Township that's T1R6 isn't it? :)

Hey teejay, glad to hear your going to Sugarloaf, heard it is app 3-4 hr hike, figure i do it a little longer to take pictures and soak in the great Maine experience, hope the weather is better than that hike up Camel's hump with zero views...ps..my wife took that nice magnifier from me so she can see..any more left?....

Skimom, how's this sound?

Probably last question....how far is the drive from GO's place to Sugarloaf?...I want to make sure i have time...will arrive really late thurs, (probably not) or early fri morning...i have app 400 miles to drive, i figure i can drive app 300 and then sleep at a rest area (i hate that, scarry)

also...any requests for certain flavor bagels?...I'll bring them but u cut them...also will bring the garlic rice like the last gathering...

coldfeet said:
i figure i can drive app 300 and then sleep at a rest area (i hate that, scarry)
You have heard about the New England rest-stop murderer, haven't you? He only kills on foggy nights. Lets hope it'll be a clear night.

also...any requests for certain flavor bagels?
Salt? Can't usually get them outside of NYC.

coldfeet, sugarloaf is 15 - 20 minutes north on route 27 from my place.

I am thinking i would like to hike the Loaf Saturday whilst my boy skiis it. So count me in tentatively. BTW, I am the slowest of the slow, a warm weather flatlander and have a sprained ankle to boot; but, I am pretty good at finishing/gutting it out, ableit almost always in the final position...:eek:

Thank you Pete for that comfortable information...i'll make sure you get that special salt bagel :rolleyes:

Seems like there are a few for sugarloaf for saturday, maybe i can do something else on friday..gotta get bagels..

Dinner Friday?

Traditionally the Gathering has included dinner out on Friday night. Do we have dinner plans anywhere? What time?

Sorry for asking, but if i do go to Sugarloaf on Friday, which ski trail would be the best to hike up?..I'm probably going solo so nothing to remote...thx...

Best hiking trail from the ski area is the machine access trail called Binder on the trail map. It starts just above the Super Quad. Its mostly used to bring stuff up to Bullwinkles, but the upper part is open to skiers, so you do need to be wary of them.