Loving Bird Story

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After my grandfather had died a ruffed grouse hung around our hunting camp for a couple of years thereafter. The bird would follow ours cars up the driveway and follow us into the woods on our hunts.

We would often comment that the bird was carrying the spirit of our grandfather.

Is that possible?

bridgeman said:
After my grandfather had died a ruffed grouse hung around our hunting camp for a couple of years thereafter. The bird would follow ours cars up the driveway and follow us into the woods on our hunts.

We would often comment that the bird was carrying the spirit of our grandfather.

Is that possible?
i would like to think so : )
kmac

Very cool story, some days in the mountains the coolest shit happens huh. anywho, I have caught grouse by hand on 3 occasions and yes they did bite me, but it sure is a good thing to know if times get tough, know what I mean?

I've been looking for a really clear, sharp picture of a spruce grouse to put on a tee shirt for a friend. We were hiking in the Mahoosucs one summer day a few years ago and came across mama grouse and a few chics. A little later we sat down on a ledge for a snack. Papa grouse arrived, walked around and between the three of us a few times, then took a peck at the edge of Jerry's shirt sleeve, startling all of us. :eek: Jerry's reaction was the epitimy of his gentleness, as he looked at it and said "oh." Then the grouse walked around to Jerry's boots (he was still sitting), hopped up onto them, and then onto his knee, where he sat for a few moments. Of course, none of us had a camera.

Latest posts