Moosilauke and a Baby?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
percious,

I did this with the family (5/30) Footing and grade is not a problem at all. I would however go up Gorge Brook and down Carriage/Snapper. This will reduce the amount of exposure to the summit. from there you can make the decision of going over to S. Peak or if weather isn't your friend head back down Gorge Brook (like we should of)

My daughter on my back acted just like a sail as we were blown around for a bit. Not a really fun thing with a precious cargo aboard.

Thumbs up to DOC for the wonderful trails they maintain

Last edited:
Thanks again to everyone who has replied to this post. It has been most informative. I am looking for a second day hike in the same area if anyone can suggest. I would like it to be 5-8 miles, with no more then 2500 feet elevation gain. Again, it must be doable with your grandmother's china strapped to your back, without breaking a plate. I was thinking of heading south to Cannon via the Kinsman Ridge Trail (from near echo lake). Any other suggestions?