snow report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
:) :) :)

This morning, Sunday, I saw snow on Mt. Chocorua, The Moats, and Mt. Kearsarge, but it's raining lightly in the vallies, making it hard to get a good look at it.

I posted in another thread - the upper reaches of the Kanc, around 8 miles or so, had from 0 to 6 inches of snow on them this morning.
:)

I woke up this morning in the Marcy Brook lean-to in the ADK high peaks to 4" of fresh wet white stuff. Wet so it sugar coated every limb of every tree and all the boulders in the brook. Just beautiful! The best was my friend from Brooklyn was up for a visit and was like a kid in a cookie store with the unexpected snowfall.

East side of Lake George around Black Mt. got 4-6” of heavy wet snow over night above 1500ft. The trails are a mess of downed limbs and trees. Continued to snow this morning and made for a wet messy slog out.

We were at Mt. Greylock in Mass this weekend and woke up to a dusting to about 1" of snow! :eek: I thought it was pretty cool.

At 1800' in Keene, NY Sunday morning there was almost 8". It was very pretty, but I hadn't actually planned on shoveling snow quite yet! :D

Speculator, NY

Woke up Sunday morning with about 4" of the white stuff at camp. Temps warmed, so that by the time we left (3:30) it was almost gone. Snowshoes aren't too far behind!

I hear somehting at pinkham this weekend that it going to snow everyday in the pressies all week. - esp if they tap into this noreaster - should be a good winter!! remeber last winter - there wasn't much snow until jan - I think.