Ugliest, scariest animal I've ever seen

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This mornings headline from the Lewiston Sun Journal

'Like Horns of a devil' Bizarre creature's features baffle expert

Onestep

There are still things in the northeast woods we haven't seen. Darwin (possibly) is still alive and well. :eek: :D

That whole "eyes glowing in the dark" thing doesn't scare me though. Almost all animals eyes do that. It is even possible to tell what many animals are by the color of the reflection. It does look like it has very powerful jaws though, unless that is all hair.

Too bad someone didn't take a blood sample for testing.

Keith

Last edited:
Waumbek said:
It's sad that the people quoted in the story have to project human values--"evil" --onto this animal. It's a word that gets thrown around so loosely.

I agree Waumbek. Bin Laden is evil. This was just out making a living.

It is an interesting find though.

Keith

That is really interesting. "...a bushy tail, a short snout, short ears and curled fangs hanging over its lips." Really cool.

Go figure... no one from" wildlife" even bothered to go check it out.
I am shocked that they did not even take blood samples on something this unusual looking.
It was obviously quite powerful if it is responsible for killing a Doberman and a Rotweiller. I wonder if it mated with any other wildlife. Unless the mother had a single birth there could be a half dozen or more running around the woods up there. It's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
It definitely looks like something out of a Stephen King movie, really quite frightening. A mutant of some sort, I wonder if there are anymore of them hiding out in the woods.

cmon people dont you all know thats just Sasquatches dog...I feel sad for him now...he lost his best friend...hope there is a shelter he can adopt another from...

:D

M

P.S. looks to me like what others have said...mixed dog of some type...anomoly...deformaty...whatever you wanna call it, but I still think its in the canine family.

If you read the article without looking at the picture, you might think it was a fisher cat based on the behavior, but it doesn't really look like one (at least the one's I've seen in the woods behind my house). It does look like some kind of mutant canine.

Going by Chip's link that shows the animal in a prone position, it does look very canine. And yes, disease and mutations can change the appearance of an animal. If extreme enough, others of its own kind may shun it (i.e. a black wolf being driven from a pack of greys)

I agree with SAR-EMT 40 - glowing eyes are nothing unusual. Almost all animals have eyes that will reflect & refract light.

It's a shame no one alerted a wildlife biologist while the carcass was fresh.

Dugan said:
I agree with SAR-EMT 40 - glowing eyes are nothing unusual. Almost all animals have eyes that will reflect & refract light.

Human animals reflect with a redish color. :D ;) No one has ever seen that in a photo, have they. :D

Keith