VFTT Spring Ski Gathering 1.0

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sli74

Reaction score
H: Brighton, MA, Avatar :Brian and I at the 2005 S
Okay everyone, for those of you not following the "birth" of this idea on Spencer's Saddleback thread under Trip Reports, we have decided to have the first ever VFTT Ski Gathering.

Please choose between the following 2 dates:

March 26-27 or April 2-3
Sugarloaf near Rangeley? or maybe Black Mountain of Maine?

Either email me or post here so I can get a head count.

sli74

Pat and I will be there! Either weekend is OK. Sugarloaf is my favorite mountain, where we got to enjoy the 25" of powder last Friday. And surprise! we met Nadine there. Didn't know each other but must have felt that instant VFTT camaraderie!

Either are possible for me. I haven't been to Sugarloaf in years, that would definately be my choice for spring skiing.

If we follow the naming convention, this would be the Gathering 7.75 or something similar. The season is built into the numbering.

Skiing! Woo-hoo! I just skied my first real blue at Sunday River!

I'm interested and available for either set of dates, but might not have the vacation time available (considering the summer bbq in the adk's and the fall gathering). Keep me in the loop as time gets closer.

What's the lodging - camping or cabin or other?

Last edited:
I'm interested too and either dates work for me. Sugarloaf would be my first choice for spring skiing!

Way to go MichaelJ on skiing your first blue trail!

I'd like to participate. March 27 is out for me. My 4 year old niece EXPECTS me to be the Easter bunny.

Although April 3rd at 8:05pm EST is a Team Day of Mourning for all Yankee fans. It is Opening Day for them against the "Defending" World Champions.

I wonder who they could be?!? :D

Keep me posted.
:D

April Date is better for me. March Date is out. You don't even want to see the look my wife gave me when I told her about this... :( For some reason she thinks I get out too much :eek:

What are you thinking for accomodations? I love cheap (i.e. free!) and would happily stay in a tent :) I'm used to the ski bum life.

How about we settle on April 2-3 so that we don't have to infere with the Easter Bunny.

We can have a cheap camping option (I don't know if I can find "free" in that area) by having people stay at Cupsuptic Snow ($18 a tentsite/4 adults, being about $5 per person per night) but we'll have to bring a shovel and clear out our own spots because when Brian and I camped there all the spots had 2-3 feet of snow.

There is also the more expensive but luxurious option of renting a place and there are places that will end up costing between $25-30 per person per night as there are plenty of cabins and condos for rent in that area, if people are interested in this, I can do a little more research and help organize something.

Just let me know who is interested in what and I will put a list together.

sli74

I'm skating in an ice hockey tournament April 2-3,
but I'll pass word on to Charlie
and see if he can go, he loves to ski.

A Gathering? BoB will be there...

I think we should set up camp along CVR and have a "no lift ticket" policy

I agree with Spencer- let's camp on CVR.

A "no lift ticket" policy is fine for you tele skiers, but those of us with alpine gear will be sitting on our butts for the ride up. :D

Nadine, with this much notice is there any way you can switch with someone? I am sure there must be someone with a big family who is MORE than happy to have Easter weekend off and allow you April 2-3 off? Let me know, I would be sad without my pee-buddy :( Who would pee with me?

sli74

I'd be up for this. It would officially be a the second VFTT Ski gathering for me, since I went riding during the last gathering. Seema, let me know what the main scope of loging is. Whether it is camping or condo's or hotels, I'm up for any of the above.

As usual...X

Pencil me in for this trip. I don't really care where we camp. Can sombody scout out CVR? Are there places along there big enough for the # of cars and people?