White-Capped, Boiler-Plated Twokay under Glass with Chili and Cornbread

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
Boiler-Plated White Capped Twokay under Glass with Chili and Cornbread

I believe Twokay is best served cold. Most prefer the larger variety, but they are often tough and difficult to digest. Twokay is more of an appetizer as opposed to a full course.

I'd never been to Sunapee, but we were invited to my brother-in-laws* cottage in Boscawen and decided to meet my niece and sister-in-law to ski and board on our way there Saturday. There is a nice loop trail that starts behind the main lodge and heads up west and south around the summit. Conditions on the trail were Boiler Plate, as forewarned here by "peakbagger". I had snowshoes and crampons and could have used either, but got by without them until the way down. Sky was blue and temps averaged in the teens. The forest was varied, interesting and ice coated.

The Summit Lodge was a great break that I almost skipped. The fire was warm, bathroom clean and the cell reception to my wife at the base good. To truly participate in the experience I coughed up the $8.50 for the Chili and Cornbread, which I enjoyed under the carving of the Mountain Lion, Wolf, Lynx and Coyote chasing tails and two rabbits. Obligatory self portrait later and I was headed down the steep east side slope in my snowshoes. The Lake Solitude Trail to White Ledges was a bit of a challenge as the trail was nearly constantly blocked by ice coated, bent saplings and branches. The White Ledges view of Lake Solitude is not to be missed. Very pretty, especially snow drifted and ice covered in the bright sunlight.

I lost the trail on the decent which gave me a chance to use my compass and 'whack some. No big deal, but I wanted to decend the slopes to the lodge as opposed to heading out to 103. I'm glad the kid at the ticket desk in the lodge offered up a copy of Sunapee State Park Hiking Trails map. Thanks Dude ! I was soon back on the slopes and following the Rock and Roll to the SoBe Board Park and Lodge.

This was a nice hike, probably 5 miles. I'd recommend it. Feel free to add more food consumption/hiking metaphors.

Pics are here. Thanks for looking.

*It's Fisher, Ron.

Last edited: