(Another) New AMC Logo!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look but it looks like it is not a perfect circle and has some wavy lines where it should not... seems like the sort of thing ChatGPT would make.

I like the look but it looks like it is not a perfect circle and has some wavy lines where it should not... seems like the sort of thing ChatGPT would make.
That was my first reaction, an intern made it with AI. Yet they tout that a committee labored over it for months. That said, I do like the design, and how it recalls the old one so many loved and missed. A definite improvement on the stick person thing. Need a sticker of the new one for my new water bottle! Maybe even my car.

Here's their patch from over 50 years ago. Why they ever screwed around with it is a mystery to me.

Attachments

• AMC.jpg
    AMC.jpg
    73.8 KB
Reactions: TEO
Here's their patch from over 50 years ago. Why they ever screwed around with it is a mystery to me.
I agree to a degree; the font is dated.

The Adirondack Forty-Sixers wins the award for best and most enduring logo. We're still using our original. The stylized "46R" belonged to our predecessor, the Forty-Sixers of Troy.

1727885012878.png

From the Adk. 46er bylaws: "The current colors are yellow pantone 123C, green pantone 356C, and red pantone 485C."

OK, but I never heard of an outdated font. I'll bet the NY Times would not agree either...;) I like my 46er patch, which looks slightly different than the pic you posted (green border). However, I think the font looks like something that would be used for the name of a Chinese restaurant...(apologies to the 46ers of which I have been a member for 19 years)

Edit: just realized that the pic you posted is the decal vs the patch. Shouldn't they be identical? I never noticed that before even though I have the decal on my car.

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    143.2 KB
We live in an Internet era where “branding” is as important ( if not more important) than substance. It’s a field day for image consultants and marketing folks.

So what can we conclude from the Clubs shape shifting logos? A guess:

The stick man was designed to play to a young demographic who’d join and fill the ranks with new blood. That initiative failed.

Latest change is a nod in the traditionalist direction designed to appeal to the old guard who actually show up and give money.

As far as the ADK goes, they’re still stuck in the early Triassic!

Last edited:
I feel like this time and effort would have been better spent on their Maine Woods Initiative
Probably a different committee and a different budget. Not sure if it is still the case but at one point The AMC was raping the public at The Huts in New Hampshire and spending the proceeds out of State on agendas like their Maine Woods Initiative. My guess would be that the new change from “Stickman” to a traditional nostalgic look came from marketing more than likely contained in Boston Headquarters. Only my assumptions but this whole debacle certainly cost them in the short run.

Probably a different committee and a different budget. Not sure if it is still the case but at one point The AMC was raping the public at The Huts in New Hampshire and spending the proceeds out of State on agendas like their Maine Woods Initiative….
AMC is a MA-based organization with facilities in several states, all of which charge similar rates,

What’s your gripe here Skiguy? NH hut $$ should stay in NH?

AMC is a MA-based organization with facilities in several states, all of which charge similar rates,

What’s your gripe here Skiguy? NH hut $$ should stay in NH?
It’s not just New Hampshire it’s National Forest Land and The AMC leases most of it. So please before you start to wield The AMC virtue card let’s just agree to disagree as you and others already know my stance on that non-profit excuse of a business.