Beers in Boston around Christmas?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sapblatt said:
Golden Banana has been closed for years, and yes - it was tax evasion...(living in Peabody I am up in these things...)
I can be at Sullys, BBW or Red Hat by 4:45...waiting for the beer wench to rule on where we will be!

Red Hat it is! BTW, do I get free beers from you fellas for being the designated beer wench??? :D ;)

Cool, see you all there. Finally, a beer gathering that's not on a school night! :)

You've got one from me, too! Thanks for being the "beer wench". :D

SherpaKroto said:
Only if you get up and get 'em, a la "wench, another pint!"

Just point me toward the Red Hat. Haven't been there yet, so I will be a stranger this one time.

Red Hat is at 9 Bowdoin Street. I'm gonna have to double check the directions meself, but I believe that's a side street across the street from the Statehouse.

As for fetching pints, I'm all over it. Plan on wearing an appropriate peasant outfit and milking this for all it's worth! :D

If you are standing in FRONT of the Kinsale, the Red Hat is exactly two blocks to YOUR right. Right on the corner.

Or, if you are standing in FRONT of the 21st Amendment you take a left and walk down the hill (Bowdin Street).

Or, if you are standing in FRONT of the Beacon Hill Pub you take a left, walk up Cambridge Street (approx 10 blocks).

You know you have problems when all your directions are based on bar locations. ;)

hahaha - yep I went to college in boston, so I know how to get to the bars via these directions - another skill I developed was I can find many public bathrooms all over the city -

ya can't miss the red hat -

Boston Bars

Some night jaytrek, giggy and me are going to have to do a bar tour...will probably end up like Mallory...lost forever...we should go public drinking at the spots of all of the now defunct clubs of the past...the Rat, the Channel, Doherty's (it was under the Tobin Bridge)...it is amazing there is any liver left at all... :D

Some of these bars are bringing back memories. The Red Hat is a good place. The time of year you folks are talking about the 21st Amendment should be virtually deserted (state house folks try to take the week off). McGann's is real nice down by the Fleet Center and its a quick walk to Sullivan's Tap...

ok - well see how many ex-punkers on on this site!!!

ohhhh - the rat - saw many a bands there - too many to name -
I have a buddy who saw Metallica open up for Raven there in 1982 or 1983 (Kill em all for one tour!)

The channel - saw Danzig there on his first solo tour - played a few Samhain and Misfits tunes. - gang green opened up - good night - had a use fake ID to get into 18+ show

dundare said:
Some of these bars are bringing back memories. The Red Hat is a good place. The time of year you folks are talking about the 21st Amendment should be virtually deserted (state house folks try to take the week off). McGann's is real nice down by the Fleet Center and its a quick walk to Sullivan's Tap...

Hmmm...I sense a pub crawl in the making! :D

sapblatt said:
Some night jaytrek, giggy and me are going to have to do a bar tour...will probably end up like Mallory...lost forever...we should go public drinking at the spots of all of the now defunct clubs of the past...the Rat, the Channel, Doherty's (it was under the Tobin Bridge)...it is amazing there is any liver left at all... :D

Hey, Mallory was found a few years ago!!!

I've lost track, next Tuesday the 27th? The Red Hat is fine, I should be there ... but I don't drink, is that OK or does that mean I get a red square?

Deck the hall! No pub crawl would be complete unless there were 48 pubs in all, each with 99 beers on the wall.

Stan said:
I've lost track, next Tuesday the 27th? The Red Hat is fine, I should be there ... but I don't drink, is that OK or does that mean I get a red square?

Deck the hall! No pub crawl would be complete unless there were 48 pubs in all, each with 99 beers on the wall.

It is indeed the 27th...
For someone who doesn't drink, you certainly have some keen ideas for 48 pubs and 99 beers on the wall! :D