Snowshoe Recommendations?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bolivia said:
Open tundra, for example, justifies 6 foot long jobbies since you would be in open terrain.
where did you find 6 footers? what is it like walking in them? - - the longest that i could come up with was 4 feet (and that seems to be just enough for the deep soft stuff - - - i use the 4 footers when walking around on my "acreage" upstate n.y. - my closest neighbor is up the road "apeice" and down the road "apeice" so no one breaks the trail around me - they are wooden neoprene laced with the tails - best thing i ever had for 4 feet of powder - my 36" tubbs sink about 6-8 inches - my 48" wood/laced sink about 1 inch on the same 4' powder - anyone looking to hike long distances on unbroken trails should own a pair of these - they aren't as easy to turn, bushwack or go up steep stuff (no crampon) but for a long hike on deep powder they cant be beat - they go good in straight lines and you can make turns with them, just not too sharp or you may step on the ohter if you aren't careful (they aren't real wide, just long) and i think they are still less than $100.