Beers in Boston?!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VFTT brewfest gathering in Boston

• Let's meet on Monday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd rather meet Tuesday

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • How about "hump day" (Wednesday)?

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I'm game for Thursday

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • TGIF

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Let's get together every day of the week!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I'll wait for another location...

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
I am going to pass tonight as well. I probably wouldn't get there till 6:30 or 7:00. Driving 30 miles into the city, paying for parking, then driving 30 miles back out to maybe hang out for hour.... I'd love to meet everyone but it doesn't look cost effective. I think I'll hold out for a weekend get together.

I had major sticker shock today. I have a '98 Ford Explorer, 6 cyl, gets about 20 mpg on the highway. I filled it up this morning, $2.90/gal regular = $50... ouch! The Mobil station on Rt 128 north in Beverly had regular listed at $3.18 this morning. I'd hate to get rid of this truck, it only has 108k on it and I don't want a car loan at this time, but this is going to take a toll on the amount of trips north I will be taking to ski and hike this year. I am probably looking at $90 in gas to get to Bar Harbor next week. Ouch!

Alpinista,

Good for you--we'll miss you but you're needed down there more. Seeing what's going on has been unbelieveably sobering. We'll hoist one for you and for those folks in the Big Easy.

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it!

Sherpa--serious bummer about BSP. You'll have to fill us in.

Seeker said:
Alpinista,

Good for you--we'll miss you but you're needed down there more. Seeing what's going on has been unbelieveably sobering. We'll hoist one for you and for those folks in the Big Easy.

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it!

Sherpa--serious bummer about BSP. You'll have to fill us in.

Welp, I'm the bung hole for canceling this time, sorry, turns out I can't make it. This is due to plans I "apparently" made with friends regarding this weekend. Sherpa, I'll make sure to dump a 40oz in respect of your recently murdered week on Vaca. Later dudes!

For those of you who are thinking that Boston is going to be too hectic, remember there IS a bunch of us getting together just north of the border! :)

I say at 7pm everybody stands up raises their glasses and toasts "Alligator egg!" :D It will make for a touching moment of solidarity (sniffle sniff), a kodak moment...

I just need to get out of Boston tonight and not drink here too, been one of those hell days :eek: .

I'll stop and put a cold one (or more) :) down with the NH folks this time. Raise one to Alpinista from there too.

It was FANTASTIC seeing everyone who attended tonight's awesome bash. The only thing better than hiking is meeting with people who love to hike! Hope to see you all again at another VFTT event or on the trail. Sorry I had to leave early, but I was on dog detail tonight.

Alpinista - thanks again for organizing this, but sorry you couldn't attend. Hope we get to meet in the near future.

Best regards and have a super Labor Day weekend, Marty

I couldn't make it tonight! :( Life has just been too stressful! I hope you guys had a great time. I really could have used a drink(s) tonight and there was a bunch a people that I really wanted to meet. Oh Well, next time.

-Dr. Wu

Yes, it was a great time. Good people, good beer...what more is there to ask for? I hope to see you all soon on some hikes, and to meet more of you folks in the future. We should do this more often :)

I got a couple pictures tonight. I didn't want to be the dork running around taking pictures constantly ;)

On to the Kodak Gallery

You can view them without signing in as well.

I had a blast meeting all of you,
Mir

beer works tonight

It was certainly a pleasure to meet all of you tonight....sherpakroto, sapblatt, bunchberry, jessebee, dave, hockeycrew, michaelJ and the rest!

This is certainly something we should do more often......

-roadtripper (greg)

I agree that it was great to watch the Sox win tonight!

Oh, yeah, it was pretty neat to meet new friends and see some old (and older) friends as well. ;)

I managed not only to avoid being in any pictures, but to not even know they were being taken. Huh.

Great time

Had a great time seeing everyone! It is always great to put faces with the names and to meet others I have not yet met. I also love being with a group that understands hiking! Coworkers think I am nuts...
Lisa - thanks for organizing!
John Olerud - Thanks for the RBIs!!

Nice meeting everyone (new/old).

Who needs "secret signs" to identify VFFT. Just sit Sherpa down at the bar with his green VFFT. What a beacon for others! :D

Peace.

MichaelJ said:
Oh, yeah, it was pretty neat to meet new friends and see some old (and older) friends as well. ;)

Hey! Who you talkin' 'bout?

:p

Good to see folks and meet new ones!

Jaytrek57 said:
Nice meeting everyone (new/old).

Who needs "secret signs" to identify VFFT. Just sit Sherpa down at the bar with his green VFFT. What a beacon for others! :D

Peace.
What an ass I am! While I'm at home in my pit toilet of despair, you guys are out have a blast.

Did someone say were doing this again next week? Two weeks? Jeez...

-Dr. Wu

It definitely was a great time last night...a great way to meet new people and catch up with those I already knew (sort of). Now that I have put some faces to the screen names, let's go hiking!
-katie