"Pound the Presis" - Presi travese to benefit TBTS

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spaddock said:
What route are most people taking for this?

At this point I'm thinking I'm out. I've been stuck in Florida working around the clock all week and I'm at the point of exhaustion where I can't fathom hiking. That being said, hopefully one good night's sleep will be all it takes.

With all the extra hours I've put in I can easily take off anytime Friday, would love to have a hiking buddy or two to boost my morale.

Kindest regards,
Shayne

just come - you will have good company :D

Yeah, all is welcome, even if you don't/can't hike, there will be some mingling at CMR, for sure. Plus, Sherpa should be making a cameo!

Jay

Jay H said:
Wayne says he's going to get a VfTT sticker and wear that somewhere on his body so you can figure out who he is on the trail. He might have another distinctive marker as I just returned from Party City... ;) ;) It should be obvious and it does have a presidential kind of theme to it. Jay

I made up some little cards (with Darren's permission) and had them printed at Ritz Camera. I will bring them to CMR. Anyone who wants to pin them to their pack is welcome...

Last edited:
Shayne... get your butt up there!! I can prbly top the work hours and/or lack of SLEEP hours.. and I have an 9+ hour drive in front of me!!

Paradox, his dogs and I are climbing Valley Way and look to setting foot on trail at 4:30AM (heading in from Gorham). You'll recognize me as I'll be the third dog. ;) Actually, as TeeJay mentioned (and shamed me into purchasing), I bought a pair of technical convertible pants... on sale at Lands End but limited availability. I ended up with powder blue ones!! I look like I should be on the golf course or stepping into a hospital operating room!! :confused:

I'm also going to pack a Sharpie marker and will inscribe TeeJay's 1-800 number in all of the bathroom stalls on top of George!!

Jade and I had conversation about having a Human in charge of weather, so I've accepted the challange!! I'm sending over the gorgeous weather that's here in WNY today and the next few. No Thunderstorms included!! I'll bring it east with me :D

bubba said:
Shayne... get your butt up there!! I can prbly top the work hours and/or lack of SLEEP hours.. and I have an 9+ hour drive in front of me!!

So are you volunteering to be my hiking buddy? I don't mind sleeping in a barn next to cattle, horses, pigs or whatever else, I've been on an air matress at a colleagues apartment for almost two weeks anyways.

If you can top 18 hour days then you should be looking for a different job. Your drive definitely beats mine though.

-Shayne

bubba said:
Jade and I had conversation about having a Human in charge of weather, so I've accepted the challange!! I'm sending over the gorgeous weather that's here in WNY today and the next few. No Thunderstorms included!! I'll bring it east with me :D

just leave them sabres back in NY - this is bruins territory - as shameful as that has become :eek: lately.

giggy said:
just leave them sabres back in NY - this is bruins territory - as shameful as that has become :eek: lately.

GO OILERS! Sweetest short handed goal last night that I've ever seen. But I'm a SENS fan, I hope that doesn't get between us Bubba.

-Shayne

If anyone's looking to a shorter trip, my stressed-out self and brand-new boots (nope, haven't had the opportunity to break 'em in yet!) will probably be starting at Caps Ridge or even at Ammo then south all the way to Crawford. It all depends where I can get a ride to in the morning. :)

spaddock said:
GO OILERS! Sweetest short handed goal last night that I've ever seen. But I'm a SENS fan, I hope that doesn't get between us Bubba. -Shayne

Been some excellent hockey in the past month!! Re the Senators... guess we whooped ya, EH?? No hard feeling there!!

Paradox has a friend who owns a B&B in Gorham. I understand that's where we are staying (I luck out... just show up and am being pointed in the right direction. The rest is easy, Right foot, Left foot then repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...)

You're right, I should probably be looking for another job!!

Shayne, do you need a hiking buddy??

4000'er said:
I made up some little cards (with Darren's permission) and had them printed at Ritz Camera. I will bring them to CSR. Anyone who wants to pin them to their pack is welcome...

Cool! These are better (and larger) than just printing the logo like I mentioned earlier. I just printed some with the color printer at work and they print as two on an 8.5'x11' sheet. I will bring these on the trail with the packing tape.

OK - so I am really late in posting this, but I will be heading up to CMR tomorrow. I'll be bringing my Grill-2-Go, a 2 burner Coleman stove, propane, and my "kitchen in a box" that has plates, bowls, knives, etc...

I'll also be bringing the "Love Wagon", so I can fit at least 6 other hikers in there for shuttling, etc.. I was planning on just driving to the Appalachia in the AM, since I won't be car spotting it - I'll be sleeping in it. But, I can give as many people that need it a ride to the trailhead, as well as do some shuttling after if needed.

Tomorrow looks awesome - anyone taking the day off and doing some pre-traverse hiking?

Double Bow said:
Cool! These are better (and larger) than just printing the logo like I mentioned earlier. I just printed some with the color printer at work and they print as two on an 8.5'x11' sheet. I will bring these on the trail with the packing tape.

They are 150dpi so if you print them from your browser they come out rather large.
The ones I had printed are small and 2 of them fit on a 4x6" photo print.
Print it from a paint type program (photoshop) and they should print smaller.

chomp said:
OK - so I am really late in posting this, but I will be heading up to CMR tomorrow. I'll be bringing my Grill-2-Go, a 2 burner Coleman stove, propane, and my "kitchen in a box" that has plates, bowls, knives, etc...

I'll also be bringing the "Love Wagon", so I can fit at least 6 other hikers in there for shuttling, etc.. I was planning on just driving to the Appalachia in the AM, since I won't be car spotting it - I'll be sleeping in it. But, I can give as many people that need it a ride to the trailhead, as well as do some shuttling after if needed.

Tomorrow looks awesome - anyone taking the day off and doing some pre-traverse hiking?

cool chomp - didn't think you were coming - I'm gonna be up there early so I could be talked into hiking something tommorow. what time you heading up?

:D
Jay H said:
OK, I sent everybody in my distribution list an email.. Just to reiterate it here:
---
I spoke with Wayne, aka skiguy last night. I just got to work after finishing installing my Wood Stove (bring on winter, damm the gas companies!) and now into feverish plan mode.

The idea for us as it stands now, is that Skiguy who has a Honda Element (not sure what color, should of asked..) with I assume NH plates will be the designated shuttle person.

I actually have a HONDA PILOT(NH Plates) and it is a deep Greyish/Green Color.
I will put VFTT stickers on both rear Windows of the car and also one on my
Shirt. I don't know what other kind of garment Jay might be up to;but sounds
like it could be interesting.HERE is a picture of me on the right next to the guy who has his name and phone # on the back of the men's room stall on top of George.

Last edited:
4000'er said:
They are 150dpi so if you print them from your browser they come out rather large. The ones I had printed are small and 2 of them fit on a 4x6" photo print. Print it from a paint type program (photoshop) and they should print smaller.

Nah, bigger is better! You can see them from farther away!!!

Thanks for posting these. :)

I'll have to remember some pins then, the VFTT logo is a great idea.

As usually Chomp, I'll likely be starting earlier in the AM then you so I'll see you somewhere south of Madison Hut.

Hi Chomp, the extra grill will be great.... Cool!

Anyway, I'm about to leave work, and will not be online probably til monday unless I check my email tonight at my sister's. But if anybody needs to contact me, call me on my cell... Also Giggy is a good source for info anyway, he knows what's going on and is more familiar with the area anyway.

Jay